Friday, August 12, 2005

Meteors and More

Since the last oh...four or so have been mindless chitchat of me getting pissed over something I know nothing about, I'll write you a real post.

At the risk of sounding like my Grandma, how nice it is to see everyone popping by! I'm starting to feel all warm and cozy inside getting to know everyone! Help yourself, beer's in the fridge. Erika, you should find some sparkling grape juice in there too. Watch that cork...no holes in my ceiling.

Things have been pretty drab around here. Boring even. The website isn't done, but gee, I sure am getting pissed it's not. Everytime I think I'm close, someone calls with a "Hey...do you think it'd be a good idea if we (they must have a mouse in their pocket) add this too?"

On the upside, J. Hardin, famed tracking expert, border patrol officer of twenty-some-odd years and he who produced primary evidence in both the Green River serial murders and the Ted Bundy case agreed to be on our advisory board today. I'm pretty psyched about that. We fight and struggle for credibility every single day, first because most of us are women, second because none of us are working cops and third because we're volunteers with hearts. (I say working because some have been cops and since retired.) We have a lot of volunteers that are cops, but we who actually run the org aren't. Heck...when would we have TIME to be cops?! Anywho, when someone like Joel Hardin says that he believes in us enough to attach his hard earned reputation to what we're trying to accomplish, it makes me feel like we are making a difference, and to me, that's really cool.

(just so you know...I put Mr. Hardin's name in like that so the search engines wouldn't pick it up. All I need is a bunch of trackers and volunteers in here learning that my mouth can be as bad as any truckers they've ever met....and if y'all do make it here...please try and remember this is my personal site, not my professional site, and therefore I shouldn't be crucified for dropping the F-Bomb here and there...)

In other news, my six year old said to me today "Mommy...you're moody. You're like the psychotic penguins on Madagascar." That always cheers you right up. Thank you bud. Mommy loves you even though you're a mean, mean boy. Is it August 23 yet? Is it EVER going to get here? I keep praying to hear the school bus arrive out front...but aack. Not yet.

Amanda's still blissfully gay. Though, she'll admit it isn't quite the same as a male/female relationship. She said that Hilary acts like she's got PMS every single day. I told her that women are catty, and this is just the way it is. Men let us push them around. Women...know better. They beat us at our own game. This is why most of my friends have penises. (What's the plural for penis. Penii?)

Hmmm. What else. OH! OH!!!

So yesterday, I walk past the couch. (I rarely sit on my ass and watch tv, if I'm on my ass, it's right here servicing you.) I thought to myself...hmmm. Something smells odd. So, I of course bend down to figure it out, andI smell the unmistakeable smell of death. Methane, friends...it's not a pleasent gas. I said "Honey...the couch smells. Find out why." Jas says "Hmmm...no. You do it. I already know it smells, and I've been avoiding you finding out for the last several hours."

ASS.

First, I take off all the cushions. Nothing there. Then, I stand on the springs, so that Alex (6yr old) can see if there's anything under the cushions. Nothing there. Then, I have Jas flip it up on it's back so I can see underneath it. Of course there's fabric covering all of that. Out comes the scissors, there's no more fabric covering that. Still nothing there. Now, I've got great big industrial strength dishwashing gloves on, and I'm digging around with my hands in there, with the collar of my t-shirt over my face so I can smell my perfume, and not the dead whatever that's in the couch.

This went on for a good hour, and I never did find anything in the couch. There is no surface where something could have gone, and me not find it. I'm thinking that the cat mortally wounded a mouse and it somehow managed to hide itself in there and die. I'm a little pissed because I just bought the couch about 8 months ago, and wasn't really budgeting in another who knows how much for a new couch. I know how decomposition works in humans, but there are always variables that you don't and/or can't account for to get to the specifics of the decomposition and its due course.

But on a mouse? Who's studied this?! I mean, will my couch always smell like dead mouse, or is it just best to cut my loss and get it the hell out of here?!

For those interested, the Perseid Meteor Shower will peak for the first time this summer this morning in just a few hours. Nasa's site says that it'll peak between 2am EST and dawn, and other news services I've read tonight say it'll be at its peak around 4isham.

Ok. I'm outta here. I'm going to bed, and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

White Devil...how was the bar?

sdk

6 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Yes, your couch will always smell like a dead mouse. Trust me on this one. I've unintentionally studied the matter.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger sdk said...

Wonderful.

Hey...for what it's worth...Murphy (bad-dog) is now loving the couch. Sleeping on it right now. Normally, she's not allowed on the furniture, but since there's a decomposing rodent in that piece, I figure, why the hell not?

sdk

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Aww, thanx for the juice...don't worry, I'll be REALLY careful with the cork:-) Congrats on getting Mr. Hardin!! You must be RLY excited!! I had to laugh at the psycotic penguin thing, only a 6 year old would say that!! I'm sorry about your couch...I'm thinkin' its gonna stay smellin' pretty bad, sadly. Where did your number of days thing go for your sister??

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger jevlin said...

what happened to the look. I liked it better yesterday when it was UNZIPPED.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger sdk said...

Cheryl: You should write and publish a report on this topic. Inquiring minds want to know. Bought 2 bottles of Febreeze today. Thankfully even without the Febreeze, the smell is dying (pardon the pun) out a little. Febreeze makes it smell like it's died in a meadow. LOL

Spammers: And thank you so much for stopping by.

Mike: I know!!!! I'm soooo geeked to have him. I just used geeked in a sentence. LOL Yeah, she's not so glib about the situation now. I honestly think she did it just to piss her boyfriend off, had a little fun and thought it would be like that forever. I don't care who you're dating. It doesn't stay like that forever.

Erika: I was so preoccupied with the whole template deal for the blog I forgot it! LOL I even downloaded a bunch of numbers just for that! I'll put it on the next one!

Jevlin: I liked it too, but people were having issues reading it because of the font and it was messing with some peoples browsers. I'm still lookin' for a good template, but I'm actually kinda likin' this one.

SebMarley: (In my best manly voice) You've Got Mail!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger sdk said...

Chris: Hey! Welcome! Glad to have you and you're welcome anytime! Anna freakin' cracks me up!

sdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home