Friday, August 05, 2005

Domestic Abuse Charges To Come...


There's a real possibility that there may be an lapse in posts coming. I swear to all that's Holy if Mr. DK doesn't find a job and quit being such an ass, I'm going to resort to my mother's way of solving man problems -- with a cast iron skillet.

He was laid off from his job the week after boy #3 was born in March, and since then, he's been in this depression mode. Depression mode for him means he mopes around the house, whines about all that's wrong with life, concentrates soley on the negativity that becomes his life. Kids being kids...irritates him. He's refusing to clean up after himself (didn't see that sign on my forehead that says MAID didja?) And then he actually thinks it's a good idea to yell at me. I'm a easy person to get along with - that is until someone thinks that they can exert power over me. Then I become the chick with the pan. It's truly not a pretty sight.

He had a job interview today. And as most glass half empty people would do, he decided that he didn't have a good chance of being one of the final candidates for the position. With an attitude like that...he's right. He won't get it. If you go in there up-beat, self assured, with an attitude like "How could you resist...", your chances improve 10 fold. Or...hey...it could just be me. I don't generally suffer from low self esteem. I know what I'm capable of and have no problem getting there. Which...after thinking about it probably sounds fairly arrogant. But, I'm not arrogant. I just know that if you want something, in order to obtain it, you need to be fairly certain that its attainable, or why bother in the first place?

What I do know is this: Mr. DK needs to get off the "poor poor pitiful me" porch and start living a more positive attitude. Otherwise, there's a good chance he's going to end up with my Adidas cross trainer up his exit hatch.

sdk

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Erika said...

LOL, I'm sorry shannon!! My mom has the same thing with my dad sometimes!! Its VERY irritating!! Tell him...to go solve world hunger or something:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home