Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Scouring...

So, I decided to be cheap and do what I could to lower my rent for next month. I agreed to clean the apartment next door (oh silly, silly me) for a break on my rent. He says, "So, what will you charge me, 5 bucks an hour?"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AS IF. Child Sweat Shops come to mind at such a wage. Psshhht.

I said, "Dave, I'm not cleaning that rodent trap for 30 bucks. Good try though." It was tempting, really. To be knee deep in garbage and glass for several hours for 5 bucks an hour? Puh-lease.

He says, (tehehehe) "You people that make a lot of money think that the stuff grows on trees. I didn't figure you'd really take 5 bucks an hour, but I thought I'd try. My helper guy works for 5 bucks an hour, but he's down in Florida." Sure he does Dave. Sure he does. Or, perhaps he's RUNNING from you because he's tired of being extorted?

First, I don't make money. My husband does. And second, I surely know that it doesn't grow on trees, anymore than all the shit in that apartment would walk itself out to the curb. But, I don't believe that bending someone over a barrel in any form is a good thing, so hell NO I wasn't taking 5 bucks an hour. My 6 year old gets 5 bucks an hour for his chores. This is how he buys playstation 2 games.

So, we made a deal that I could live with, and I got to work late this afternoon.

I feel it necessary to note that Surly Inmate Guy and his punching bag of a girlfriend have only been there since April. They did this amount of damage since freakin' April. The carpet is severely stained, and I actually swept the carpets with a broom before I would use my vaccuum on it, and even still, my vacuum is there, not here and will be until the Orkin Man arrives tomorrow to inspect it for critters. I've never seen anything like it.

I got a superficial cut from trying to remove loose glass shards from the kitchen window. Not a big deal, but a big enough deal that if Surly Inmate Guy decides to come back for his mail, I've decided to seek some Karmic vengeance and put a cute little note on his mailbox saying that the apartment is unoccupied and that the postmaster shouldn't deliver mail...I'm evil like that. I'd have never of thought of doing something like that, but since the post office gave me so much shit...I figure what's good for the goose is good for the gander...Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha. Had I just had a Snoopy Band-Aid...I'm sure I would've felt much better.

So...not much to write tonight. I've been workin' my tail off on the site. It's still not even close to being done. I've got at least 4-5 more full days to go before I can put it up, and even then it's not going to be done, it's going to say stuff like "Coming Soon" and "Under Construction". I hate those messages. Hate em'. But, I want the new stuff up, and I'm quite embarrassed by the site that's up at present.

Anywho...happy posting. See y'all tomorrow.

sdk

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Find any more rats? Hee hee hee hee

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Sounds like a good time:-P How did your foot come through in all this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home