Monday, August 08, 2005

Man, I Feel Like A Woman!

Again, this post has nothing to do with the last post. So if that's what you're thinkin...you may want to just go read the last post because you'll be woefully sad after reading this one. I just like to trip you up with such titles.

Ladies, you ever notice how if you're in your pj's, with scary hair, and a bare face, you just don't perform up to your full potential? It's like somehow, your professionality suffers a meltdown if it doesn't peer through mascara coated eyelashes.

I've been suffering the "work from home" blahs. I mean, if I'm not going to the office, what the hell is the point of getting all cute? It's not like I'm trying to impress the kids...they wouldn't care if I had dreadlocks and a peculiar body odor so long as their Cookie crisp makes it to the table by 9, their pb&j makes it to the table by 1 and that I'll keep their watergun refill bucket full and restocked on the back porch.

This damn org website is giving me a run for my money. As previously stated, I hate "under construction" messages on a website. There's little more irritating to me than that. And, I've barely left the house since I started the project.

So, today I went and got my nails did, ermmm...I mean manicured. My make-up is damn near perfect, my hair is cute, and while I may not have on my black power suit, I did discover that a pair of my favorite worn out jeans look even cuter as favorite worn out capris. And they fit just a little better, I think, than before I got all empregnated with #3.

So, hoo-ha for me.

Did I get more done because of my girliness? No. But, I feel good anyway.

sdk

4 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Sometimes I get all dressed up with nowhere to go. What's worse, even if I haven't gotten dressed all day, I'll still do my makeup in the car before arriving at the grocery store! Pathetic, I know. But it sure makes me feel like a woman!

Thanks for your post!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Personally to me, a woman in PJs, mussed up hair..... can almost be sexier than one all dolled up.

But I guess it not about other people -- its about how YOU feel. So wow the kids and work in the power suit and heels! lol... there's a cheerio stuck to your butt.... ;-)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sublime said...

If you were a lesbian, you'd definately be the femme one...lol. But, then again, you've got that aggressive side. Maybe you could switch off between butch and femme.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Mike: LOL You've officially cemented the deal. I'm now your groupie.

Little Miss: I'm a grocery-store lipstick wearer too. You just never know who you're going to run into! LOL

David: Cookie crisp. It's definitely cookie crisp stuck to my ass.

JB: LMAO - Well, that too...

Sublime: LMAO You've nailed me to a T. I fluxuate bewteen super girly to super tomboy almost by the hour. LOL I wouldn't survive in a lesbian relationship. My partner would end up killing me out of confusion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home