Monday, November 21, 2005

Yet another heartache.

My uncle died tonight. He lost his battle with cancer at around 6pm. 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave for work the phone rang and it was my little brother. He said that Uncle Russell had died two hours prior to his calling me. I made all the necessary phone calls and then headed for work. I do better being slammed with busy stuff during tragedy.

Since I'm not really in the mood (or the emotional condition) to lay all my feelings on that bare just yet...I'll just leave you with that piece of information for tonight and go to bed. I have the next two days off from the bar, and when I have some peace and quiet time, maybe I'll share some stories about him. He was the Rock of fucking Gibralter for this family.

Goodnight.

sdk

6 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger DBFrank said...

Our thoughts, prayers and love to you!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Lighting a candle for you.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger mikster said...

Sorry to hear this...thinking about you.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger chesneygirl said...

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

My prayers are with you and your family. You're a rock, too, Sweetie.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Erika said...

As always, I'm thinking of you. So sorry for your loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home