Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Humdrum, Fun, Fun!

It's officially Monday. Well...wait, as I look at the clock, officially it turned Tuesday exactly one minute ago. But, that's neither here nor there. What I mean is it's MY Monday. And, I'm not working. This is a good, good thing.

Normally, I should have two nights off per week from the bar. That never seems to happen. I like money, so when she calls and says "Hey, would you mind covering for: fill in the blank" I always shake my head, flip her off (she can't SEE me when I'm talking to her on the phone), plaster a fake smile on my face (cause she can hear the smile. You knew that right? People can hear your smile over the phone.) and tell her that I'd love to cover the shift for her.

Tonight, tonight is my night off. I watched another phenomenal episode of Medium. I LOVE that show. Really love it. I also watched "How I Met Your Mother". That's a promising show. I like the humor there. And Vegas. I never miss Vegas if given the choice.

It's 12:04 now (a full three minutes since I started this post) and I'm thinking that I'm not tired. I should be tired...I only had like 3 hours of sleep last night, and my raging cold has now morphed into bronchitis. I get bronchitis twice, sometimes three times a year. At least once a year, it morphs even further into pneumonia. I'm pushing towards not having it go to pneumonia this time. I mean, lets just say it the way it is, and say that pneumonia is pretty effin' sucky. I don't want it. I'd rather it wait to rear its ugly head, if it must, when I'm not so busy.

Got a call at 7am this morning on a new case. Adult foster care, an adult mental patient has been missing since Thursday. I'm just now being called on it. I HATE that our system works that way. Call me when we're 5-24 hours down. 5-24 hours gives me a leg up on the search efforts. Four days is looking for a needle in an extraordinarily large haystack.

Saw Rio today. He's such a dork. Now that he's all comfy with me manhandling him, and confident that I'm not out to do some diobolical horror to his bare skin, he's all about me scratching him under his feathers, especially under his wings. So, when he sits on me, he's flapping incessantly until I shove my hand under his wings and rub his belly and his armpits.

And, apparently, I'm just sexy. Marshall, an eclectus parrot who is also being bought on a little payment plan there by another girl expressed that he thought so today. I'm all walking by his cage...I say "Hey Marshall! How's the good boy?" Uh huh. Marshall didn't say shit to me. No, no...Marshall hopped on my arm and started to um...copulate with it.

And Rio...Rio's been throwing up for me for quite a while now. Normally, when he throws up for me, he'll just throw up in his mouth to show me he's doing it, but won't actually puke ON me. Today, he puked ON me. Thank you, Rio. Mommy loves you too.

Rumor has it that Marshall's mommy hasn't paid on him in quite a while. I love Marshall, and Marshall loves me. If Marshall's mommy doesn't buck up...I think Marshall might come live with me and Rio. I'll do that instead of getting Ruby, his current cage mate. Ruby is the Hitler of birds. I used to at least think she was pretty and hope good hopes for her...lately I just want to pull her beak off. I actually watched her make a victim out of some little girl's daddy today. He's all showing his daughter this pretty bird. I'm watching from afar (ready to give the speech about terrorizing my bird) and he sticks his finger up there. I got to be the one to deliver the bandaid. That little girl will probably hate birds the whole rest of her life.

sdk

7 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

HaHAAAAAAA! re. Marshall. I thought only dogs did that.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, come on.... you already knew you were sexy...

;-)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Oh Man!! I missed Medium! I love that show!! I knew there was something I was missing last night. Throw a reminder my way next week will ya sdk?

Glad to hear that RIO is doing well. and so happy he threw up on you...(that is a good thing isn't it?) When do you get to bring him home? Not soon enough for you I'm sure.

Enjoy your day off!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

You need to shoot a little video of Rio buttering up to you. lol I had a cockateal (sp?) when I was in college. Freakin' thing never quit squealing. Birds are cool, but they never shut up do they? And can you potty train them to only go in the cage?

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Ugh, I have like, the world's worst cold right now!! I can totally sympathize!! I hope you slept on your free time today!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home