Thursday, October 20, 2005

Cough, Cough, Cough, Hack, Cough, Cough, Cough

I am literally sitting here coughing up a lung. I just got over a fairly decent cold about 4 days ago. Yet, last night, I started sneezing, I felt cough-y and this morning I woke up with the body aches, my glands all swollen, snot running down my face (I know...hot, right?), the chills and coughing my guts out. That's just yucky.

But...I'm a trooper. I didn't call into work. Nope, not me. I put on makeup, a cute outfit, did my hair...it was a beautiful thing. Before I went in, I stopped at Walgreens to grab some Aleve Cold and Sinus. Let me ask you something...since when is Aleve a freakin' narcotic? Now, at the Walgreens on Michigan Avenue, Jackson East, in order to purchase Aleve Cold & Sinus, you must take a little card from the rack that looks like the package, march it up to the pharmacy counter, present it to the nimrod that works there who hates his job, his boss, you and pretty much all of life, wait while he looks for it, and then and only then can you purchase it. After showing your ID, of course.

To top it off, I was running late, thinking I would run in quick and just grab it, pay for it and go, and I find myself behind two little old ladies. Marge and, well...I didn't get the other one's name. Next to the pharmacy counter, there is a display with warming KY Jelly Massage oil. The ladies spent their 15 minutes in line discussing with each other what they would do with warming massage oil to their husbands. They had to be in their mid to late 80's, ok? Good Lord, if I wasn't pissed by the time I finally got up there to the counter after standing behind those two. I stood back there erping (throwing up a little in my mouth) as they talked quite explicitly about giving Grandpa a rubdown. One word: Ewww.

I ended up 5 minutes late for work because of all of this, took the pill, and low and behold: It DIDN'T WORK. I still can't breathe, I still am coughing my guts out, I still have snot intermittently running down my face, I'm still an irritable bitch, my body still hurts...all those things that Aleve is supposed to help!

Damnit!

Oh well...there's always tomorrow!

sdk

10 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger PackerPundit said...

awwwww... hope ya get better soon!
Happy HNT Gorgeous
Romey

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger DBFrank said...

Hey,thanks, I just saved money by not wanting to eat breakfast now..
KY Warming jelly and 80 years olds...
Ewwwwwwwwww doesn't cover that!
Hope you get to feeling better, soon.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger ~art said...

Hope you feel better. Aleve, sudaphed and all those over the counter remidies are finding their way behind the counter because people are making meth and s*** out of them

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Morrigan said...

Advil cold 'n sinus always worked for me. A lot of those other ones have like zero effect on any cold that's kicking my butt.

You'd probably still have to deal with the kid behind the counter who hates his job though - stupid meth heads have gone and made life difficult for the rest of us.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger chesneygirl said...

One word for ya: NYQUIL!!

Take a double dose...put three layers of warm clothes on...get underneath three or four warm blankets and go to sleep. You'll sweat it out of you but the Nyquil we keep you knocked out!

Get better girl!! :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You're working too hard--cuts down your defenses. Re. the old ladies, well at least you know you have something to look forward to some day. ;-) I read the warming K-Y is a best-seller at Wal-Mart. Now I know who's buying it!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

It's the damned methheads--I'm having a bitch of a time getting lye for the same reason. The little assheads are taking apart alkaline batteries now.

As fer yer lungs--Mucinex!!! It's a mega dose of expectorant and it really helps! I have this crap too and finally got some last night, and finally slept thru the night instead of hacking up a lung every hour on the hour.

Good thing too--I was running out of lungs.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Mara said...

awww..you poor sick girl! Get better soon and happy HNT!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

oww.. get well soon!!

and the grannys' story.. "erp" is right!!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Erika said...

aww...not cool!! Hope you feel better soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home