Friday, October 21, 2005

My 100.

Ok, Cheryl inspired me. (Check out hers...HERE) Here's my 100 list.

There is no order, just random facts about me:

1.) I love classic country music. I was born and raised on it. Some of my best memories co-exist with Merle Haggard, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, George Strait, Alabama, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and many more.

2.) I sing. Mostly country, but I do enjoy some rock and roll occasionally too.

3.) I have 3 boys. Alex, Sam and Logan. I love them more than I thought myself capable of loving any person, place or thing.

4.) I'm married. His name is Jason. As of this writing, he is 25 years old.

5.) My husband is 4 3/4 years younger than me. He thinks it hysterical to crack geriatric jokes at me.

6.) I'm an animal fiend. I have a dog, Murphy. Two cats - Lily and Hagrid. And, am acquiring a Military Macaw, Rio.

7.) I have two jobs. One currently pays, one currently doesn't. The one that does provides excellent fodder for this blog. The one that doesn't provides excellent life lessons every day.

8.) Like Cheryl, I am addicted to Mountain Dew. If ever I need a transfusion, hook me up to a fountain machine for Dew, and I'll be fine.

9.) I've loved so deeply that it broke my heart. It continues to do so every single day of my life. The person I loved so deeply is not my husband. He knows this and it makes him sad.

10.) I love fine art, yet don't own a single piece with the exception of a painting of my mom and her horse.

11.) My mother is dead. She was murdered June 25, 1997 by the asshole that she married.

12.) Her death was officially ruled a suicide. We knew better. It has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she didn't kill herself, yet the record still reflects that she did.

13.) I buried her with her maiden name on the headstone.

14.) I have a lot of siblings. Not all are blood, but we believe love is thicker than blood. Cj and I grew up in the same home. Amanda, Jennifer and Joe are my biological father's children. My step-siblings are Janice, Kenny and Mike. Christy is my sister too, though she died of spinobifida when she was 8 years old.

15.) I'm adopted by my dad. To me, that's stronger than a biological tie because he asked to and wanted to be my daddy.

16.) I can't STAND my biological father. (Sperm donor, Bio-Dad...whatever.)

17.) I've lost about 40 pounds since I picked up a second job. Even I'm starting to think I look hot. LOL

18.) I HAVE to have my nails done. I wear acrylics, and without them, I might very well go insane. The reason for this is that I'm a nail biter. It's a terrible lifelong habit that no matter how hard I've tried, I can't break. I don't bite them when I have acrylics on. The acrylics stay on.

19.) I type 90 wpm. Yes, even with acrylics.

20.) I smoke. Not a fact I'm proud of, but a fact, nonetheless.

21.) I'm a very sexual person.

22.) I have bad credit. I've been slowly but surely working to rectify the situation, but it's still not spectacular. I don't suppose it will be for another year or two.

23.) I have a felony on my criminal record. I didn't do what I pleaded no contest to, but its there. I plan to have it expunged when the time span (5 years) is up.

24.) I have 2 drunk driving offenses on my record. The first one, I got the week my mother was killed. The second, I got while celebrating a new job with new co-workers in the year 2001. I haven't drank alcohol and climbed behind the wheel of a car since, nor will I.

25.) My favorite color right now is green.

26.) My second favorite color right now is pink.

27.) I love the University of Michigan. Michigan State sucks.

28.) Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year.

29.) I'd give almost anything for one more day with my mother. We need to talk just one more time.

30.) I used to dream very vividly about her. Over the last 8 years, the dreams have waned to maybe a few per year. I miss them.

31.) I have a reoccuring dream that she's alive, but used to be dead. We carry on with life, and it's just a fact that she used to be dead.

32.) I crave culture. My life is so chock full of mundane bullshit now, and sometimes all I want is some decent culture to thrive and grow with.

33.) I have to be filling my head with new information constantly. If I'm not, I lapse into a rut that is hard to not call depression.

34.) I am addicted to purses. I have several (hundred) of them. Getting a new purse sets your whole week off right.

35.) I am similarly addicted to shoes. I don't have as many shoes as I do purses, but it's gotta be damn close.

36.) My favorite pair of shoes right now is my "hooker boots". They are knee high boots with a 3 1/2 inch heel on them. They're black, can look classy or trashy...whichever I want. They also look great under jeans.

37.) I hate housekeeping. I'm not good at it, and I don't want to be good at it. I would be happiest with a housekeeper that came in daily to deal with the domestic bullshit. Especially the laundry.

38.) My favorite jeans are too big for me by two sizes now. I bought a new pair of favorite jeans. They're LEI, lightly faded and look as worn as my old favorite jeans.

39.) I want a boob job.

40.) I have no ass. At all. My Gram says that we belong to the N-Double A society: No ass at all. I'll not be getting ass implants.

41.) I used to hate my nose. I don't anymore. With the exception of my boobs, I'm comfortable in the skin I'm in.

42.) I have about 800 books. I don't share, and I'm very selfish with them. It's not that I don't want to share. It's that I can't bring myself to let go of any one of the titles. Even if the book sucked.

43.) My favorite book of all time is "A Time To Kill" by John Grisham. I have the original first edition hard cover copy of it.

44.) I love movies. We collect DVD's, and those I'll share. But, if you scratch it, you'll have the wrath of me on your hiney.

45.) I have a hard time picking out my favorite movie. There's so many.

46.) I'm a closet Harry Potter fan. I used to HATE him. Then, my husband bargained me into watching the first three movies in a day. I realized they don't suck, and then ended up reading the series. Now, I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for movie 4 to come out, and book 7 to make it's way out of JK Rowling's head.

47.) I have a temper. Sometimes I'll throw a fit, and then five minutes later wonder what I was so worked up about.

48.) My favorite scent is my Grandmother's perfume. But, only on her when she hugs me. It wouldn't be the same if I just bought a bottle.

49.) My second favorite scent is that of baking chocolate chip cookies. Especially if it's not me making them.

50.) I'm not a domestic person. I like it that way. Sometimes I like to cook, but I have to be in the mood for it. If I'm not, it's the same-ole-same-ole. Meat, potatoes, veggie.

51.) My favorite pizza is a plain ole cheese pizza with parmesan on the crust.

52.) If I have to have a topping on a pizza, I'll choose pineapple and mushrooms.

53.) I don't and won't drink vodka. Ever. That was my mother's poison of choice. The smell of it turns my stomach.

54.) I rarely drink. Maybe a few times a year. If I do, it's generally Bud Light. If I'm feelin' spunky, I'll drink a margarita or a pina colada. I actually prefer a pina colada with no alcohol.

55.) I never, EVER, drink at home. My mom was an alcoholic, and she was drunk for 98% of my childhood. My kids will never, ever, and I mean NEVER go through that.

56.) I knew how to make a White Russian and a Screwdriver at the age of 5.

57.) I knew that mommy needed a glass of ice water every morning before she got out of bed if I didn't want her to be mean to me.

58.) She hit me a lot until one day, I hit her back. That was the last time she hit me.

59.) My favorite childhood memory was my dad coming home and my mom telling him that I needed a spanking for something. He drug a chair into my room, took off his belt, rubbed his hands together, spanked my butt once to bring tears to my eyes, and then told me to scream every time he hit my bed with his belt. We had an understanding that exists to this day. He'll never hurt me, and he's always there if I need him. It might be a hard time, but it's ok because we're in it together.

60.) My mom and I were in a huge fight when she died.

61.) Her death changed the course of my life. I'm a whole different person today than I was the day before she died.

62.) I love photography. I fancy myself an amateur photographer, yet am not sure enough of my photos to share them with anyone.

63.) My all-time favorite food is King Crab legs. I don't dip it in butter or anything like that. I love them just the way they are.

64.) My favorite wood is mahogany. I love the way it ripples.

65.) I wish I were more artistic. I envy the creativity in the people I meet, the people I hang out with, and the people I love. I'm attracted to it, and then feel somewhat inferior because of it.

66.) Some people intimidate me, and I never do understand why. On the other hand, some people that should intimidate me don't. The one's who should but don't have turned out to be some of the best relationships I have.

67.) I had my tongue pierced for a year. Then I decided it looked trashy and took it out. I really liked it though.

68.) I'm a closet freak. Most people who know me have no idea how sexually freaky I am. This is probably the only reference you'll ever find about it in this blog.

69.) I'm cold by nature. When you see most people wearing short sleeved shirts and maybe a light jacket, you'll see me in a turtle neck, a sweatshirt, a winter coat and a scarf. Maybe even two pairs of socks.

70.) Rodney Carrington cracks my shit up. Not his sitcom...I think that sorta sucks. I like his stand up routines.

71.) The first concert I ever went to was Anne Murray. I still love her to this day.

72.) When I was a kid, I genuinely thought I'd grow up to marry Jordan from New Kids on the Block. Now, I think he's a wanker.

73.) Most of the time, I'm too honest for my own good. Where a white lie would suffice, I'm saying it how it is.

74.) I spend entirely too much time on the phone. I have three backup batteries for my cordless phone. I generally go through at least two of them per day.

75.) I'm a procrastinator. If I can put it off until tomorrow, it will be.

76.) I'm a bi-centennial brat. I was born in 1976.

77.) I fit the aries zodiac sign to a T. Everything that the books and articles say for aries has pretty much proven true about me.

78.) Capricorns intrigue me, Leo's irritate me, Taurus's have been loyal to me and Gemini's infuriate me. But, I'm not so silly as to believe that their signs define them. Though, I have to say that most of the time they are accurate.

79.) The quickest way to piss me off is to try to control me. When someone tries to control me, I retalliate by shoving that control right up their ass by any means necessary.

80.) I'm not vindictive unless I have felt like a person has been unreasonably vindictive towards me. Then, it's not pretty.

81.) I fancy myself a feminist, but not opposed to gentlemanly gestures such as door opening and chair pulling. I only get all pissy when someone is so closed minded to believe that they can do something better than me purely from a gender-related standpoint, and not because they've earned the right to think so.

82.) I grew up in a very bigoted home. I'm not prejudiced, but I do sometimes get uncomfortable around people from other races, more out of ignorance for how I should handle the situation and fear of what they perceive as reality than what's actually going on.

83.) Up until about 6 months ago, I believed myself to have a brown thumb...as in like I kill every plant I get my hands on. But, I have 8 houseplants right now that are doing excellent.

84.) My biggest fear is leaving my children without a mother. I can't fathom dying before they are grown up enough to handle it.

85.) Up until about 2 years ago, I actually believed that I was going to die by the age of 39. The age my mom was when she died. Now I think that it's just going to happen when it's supposed to happen.

86.) I'm a organizational freak that doesn't follow through with her own plans. I own a PDA, a day-planner, two desk calendars, a professional program for my computer for organization, two wall calendars, a large placemat calendar, and thousands of little gadgets to keep me organized. I'm still not organized.

87.) I work best under extreme pressure. My peak, professionally is when I have 300 things going on at once and I don't have time to second guess my decisions.

88.) I have to learn by experience. My grandma can tell me to save for a rainy day until she's blue in the face. It actually takes the transmission going out of my car and me not having any money to fix it to understand what the hell she was so hellbent for election about.

89.) I sweat the small things in life. The big things, I deal with, and deal with well. It's the little things...leaky faucets, spilled milk...those things that irritate the shit out of me.

90.) I've grown to adore the friends I've made on blogger. Without you guys, my day would never be complete. I look at you as friends, not just "computer friends" or "acquaintances I've met on the net."

91.) One of my best friends in the world is a psychic medium. I didn't really believe in all of it until she made a believer out of me by telling me where to find a body of a missing person I was looking for. The remains were right where she said they'd be. Since then, she's proven herself over and over and over again.

92.) I read and re-read the posts from the person I look at as my soul mate. I wonder every day how he is, if he still thinks of me, and if he forgives me for hurting us. I can't remember a single day that's gone by that I haven't thought of him since we parted ways. Yet, I am comfortable in my life, and confident that the decision I made was the right one for my family.

93.) There's no person on this planet that I respect more than my daddy. As far as I know, he's never been wrong on anything he's ever said to me. I am almost 30 years old, and still believe that he knows everything.

94.) I'm proud of my little brother. He went back to college, is on the deans list, is doing excellent and is doing it on his own. This is after he spent the last several Christmas's in jail. I'm ecstatic for him.

95.) I'm not a jealous person.

96.) I hate to exercise, but I love pilates. I have been doing them 3 times a week for the last 4 weeks. It's helping. I tried a kickboxing class, and it literally kicked my ass. My ass STILL hurts from that little fiasco. Screw kickboxing. I'll stick with Mari Winsor.

97.) When I clean my house, I CLEAN my house. Like, no surface cleaning bullshit...If I'm going to do it, I do it right.

98.) You want to watch me freak out? Take my internet connection away.

99.) I'm a lipstick addict. You will rarely, if ever see me without lipstick or earrings. Not because I'm vain, because I feel nekkid without them.

100.) This list was an interesting look for me of what's hanging out in my head about me. Thanks Cheryl!

sdk

83.)

7 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Erika said...

HOLY CRAP!! I don't think I could think of that much stuff about myself if I tried!! But now u've inspired me to try, lol. It was all very interesting...I learned a lot about you Shannon!!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Blue said...

that was a heartfelt list, it must have taken a lot to share some of that.

((hugs))

cat & sapphire xx

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Thanks for sharing! I don't have the time or patience to have come up with one yet.

Don't get the boob job. You don't need it.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

First things first. Listen to Osbasso. Do NOT listen to my brother. And you have had way too much heartache, which is probably much of what has made you the caring person you are. I can't believe you're a Dew addict too. And I wouldn't have guessed the shoes and purse stuff. The rest I would have guessed. I've had a #9. Had to quit doing things like #92 in order to keep my life from imploding. If I were to give advice... well, you know. Great list, honest list. It's lovely to know you better.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I think that is the first 100 list I read all the way through. WOW. Again. WOW.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

thanks for sharing - even the most personal bits. and you got through 100 all in one go! amazing! :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger chesneygirl said...

Fantastic list!!

#18 is me EXACTLY!! #19 too :)

Too bad about #27 (ha ha)

#34 I'm with ya!
#35 still with ya (see my list)

#39 is my lifelong dream (I know that's sad, but it's not my ONLY dream :)

#48 So sweet!...almost brought me to tears!

#78 UH OH! I'm a Leo...I hope my comments don't irritate you.

#90 is very nice! :)

#99 I absolutely cannot go without earrings, because I feel naked, it drives me MAD! I have made my husband turn the car around after realizing 3 or 4 miles down the road that I forgot to put on earrings....we were on our way to the grocery store.

So nice to know you even better! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home