Sunday, November 20, 2005

Huh-Huh-Huh-Harry!

Well, I carried through with the promise that we've been making for the last seven months and took the two older boys to see HarryPotter and The Goblet of Fire last night. They're still talking about it.

My review is that it was much like reading the book, except instead of reading it straight through, you skipped several chapters, skipped several pages within chapters, and read it in fast forward mode. All in all, it was great. The World Quidditch Cup part was pretty sweet. It wasn't quite how I imagined it, it was better than I imagined it when reading it. And Voldemort...Ralph Fiennes played a great Voldemort. But...(you knew there was a but...) for a character that's just coming back into a physical form, he sure had a lot of energy to be jumping about and fighting. And Hermione...they're gonna have a hard time not making her into a full fledge hottie in the next movie. She's growing up pretty quick. I heard that for this movie they had to tape her breasts and attempt to make her look younger. Next movie, they're going to have no choice but to embrace the maturity that she's gaining (or that's gaining on her) and just work with it instead of against it.

All in all, it was everything we've come to expect out of the Potter series, and maybe just a little more. If I had the choice, I'd have liked to see them break up the movie (it's the longest book) into two movies and get everything instead of chopping so much out of the book.

Ok...what else?

Oh...Roselly...we can't have Marshall. Another girl had put a deposit (of a whopping 65 bucks) on him about six months ago. I told them that I wanted him and they finally got ahold of the girl who put the deposit on him and she said she's picking him up next week. However...if she renigs on that agreement, THEN he'll be mine-all-mine. He's such a sweet heart!!! I just adore his little green butt!

I'm expecting to get Rio home sometime in the next few weeks. I'm trying to put as much as I can every week on him so that I can get him home. I went down today and figured out what toys and perches I'm going to get for him to bring home and put them aside, though one of them, I put right in his cage now. It's a MASSIVE freakin' toy. There's wood blocks all over it with a lot of different little textures on it. He loved it, so I bought that one and put it in his cage now. The cage he's in now is the one that I bought for him, so everything that I put in it will come home with him. The only thing really I need to be doing now before he gets here is stockpiling his pellets and nuts. He's a walnut fanatic. I've never met a bird who can go through walnuts like he can. They aren't good for training though because he likes them still in the shell (it takes him a few minutes to get them out of the shell) and it takes too long to treat him while we're working on training. I've got to find a morsel food that he likes for training.

Today, I was teaching him to kiss. For him a kiss is him putting his beak up to my lips so that I can kiss him. Or, so I was trying to teach him. He did it the way I wanted him to for the first 6 or so times, and we applauded him and cheered. Then on time 7, he opens his beak way up and tried to slip me the tongue. LOL Little pervert...did I really expect anything else out of him? LOL Whatever...so long as he's not trying to rip my face off with that beak, we're good!

sdk

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger mikster said...

Well.....thats another way to get tongue I guess....lol

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Sweetie Pie went to Potter without me last night, but loved every second of it. I might have to take him again.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

you got balls. Obviously, you are very comfrotable with this bird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home