Friday, November 18, 2005

The Princess of Darkness (aka Satan's Daughter) found a home!

Yep. You read it right. Ruby, Rio's cagemate has found a home. I'm being nice when I say that I fuckin' hate that bird. Emphasis on hate.

Toward the end of her reign over the dark cage, she started to get really bad. Like, for instance there are two large perches in the cage. There are 4 food dishes, and various assorted toys. The door swings out, and it's a relatively big door, that is practically the whole front of the cage.

So, when I'd open it to get Rio out, Ruby would beak her way over so that in order to get to me, or for me to get to him, we'd have to get past Ruby first. If he managed to get past her to the side of the cage where he could step up, she'd be right there waiting to mangle his tail feathers. If I reached in, or got on eye level with the cage, she'd literally dive at my face with her beak. I am fairly certain she was going for my eyes, but since didn't SAY that she was going for my eyes, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with my whole face. The cackling laugh that she gave after she dove for my (eye) face though...that was a pretty good indicator.

The other thing I hated about her was the mouth that little bitch had on her. I can't even count how many parents I saw slam their hands over their children's ears whilst trying to stifle a giggle as they shuffled their youngsters away as Ruby screamed "Oh YEAH Mothafucker!?! I hate you MORE!" or "ShutUP you little bastard!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that it was her previous owner that gave her these lovely qualities. But...she was causing Rio to be PMS ridden 99.9% of the time, and I was the one suffering from the deal.

About three weeks ago, I'm sitting on the bench next to Marshall (the Eclectus that I can't have)'s cage. Rio is on my lap and we're talking and hugging and petting, and scratching. Then, I asked him to step onto my arm. For no reason, without warning, without any startling noises or scary objects, Rio lunges and clamps onto my arm. He nailed me good. He must have gotten ahold of a tendon when he bit me because it sent a shock through my arm. For the first two days, you could just see the perfect imprints of top and bottom beaks about two inches apart. The bottom part of the wound took on an immediate purple glow. By day 3, the bruise was the size of a medium size orange. By day 6, it had spread out to look like my brother had given me several indian burns and snake bites all over my forearm.

Now...now that the the bitch is gone, he can't get enough of any human. He even lets Chuck the person he hates (cause Chuck doesn't take his shit) the most hold him and pet him. He's back to being a laid back, loveable creature. He's such a good boy. I went down to hand some money over to the "Bring Rio Home Fund" a little bit ago, and when I walked in he climbed out of his cage (now that the Princess of Darkness isn't in there, we don't have to worry so much about the safety of any innocent onlookers so we can leave his cage open) and climbed onto the floor and came running up the aisle where he heard me talking to Kelly. He stood there at the corner of the aisle that his cage is on and the front of the store where I was and screamed "Here's Ri-Ri! Hi! Hello! Hey Mama!" LOL

I love that little bastard!

sdk

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger mikster said...

lol...that's cute.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Who the HECK would want Ruby is the question!! What were they THINKING?? Oh well, very cool. Rio sounds like such a cutie!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You crack me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home