Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Blah. Really...just blah.

Nothing good to report today, really. So, it's a hodgepodge of events tossed together for your reading enjoyment.

Mela is a pooping-peeing-eating machine. For such a small animal, she is just forever going. I can take her out, and 15 minutes later, she's peeing on the floor. She'll poop in one corner, then go poop in a new one 5 minutes later. This is irritating. REALLY irritating.

I called the humane society and put her on the found list, I called the paper, put an ad in, and I've distributed flyers to most of the stores in the immediate area surrounding where the little boy said he found her. He actually found two of them, but had found a place for the other to go. The more I look at her and the more I get to know her, I swear she's someone's pet. I looked her markings up and have come to the conclusion that she's probably a Miniature Pinscher. Those puppies are going for between 400-700 bucks from breeders right now. Plus her ears are spotless, she minds pretty well, and while she may not be totally house broken, it could be that my house isn't her home and that's why she's pooping in it. I think she belongs to someone.

Either way, the shelter we have here is a no kill facility. So, she's on the list there, and if they have an opening and her owners don't come forward, she'll be adopted out to a good family. They are really strict on who gets animals from there. They do home visits and everything before you can take a pet home. I think that's awesome. She just has to stay here until an opening becomes available. She goes in for her entry test tomorrow. If she can manage to get through that without tearing off any of the administrators limbs, she passes. (Her mouth couldn't fit my pinky...this shouldn't be an issue.)

The mice in this house are starting to piss me off. This WAS my TV. (That's NCAA Football 2005, yes. Is it MY game? No. I'd like to watch it melt and make pretty colored flames as it burns.) Anyways, I say it WAS my tv because a mouse got inside of it and fubared the inside wiring all up. There are these little canister thingies in the bottom of it. Screwed those up. There is a chassis of some sort in there...screwed that all to hell to. I'm PISSED because this TV is only a year old. This is a wide screen 50 inch, HDTV Integrated TV. Now, it's a big piece of shit that won't even turn on.

Would it be unreasonable for me to ask that he exterminate before I pay my rent? Furthermore, should I subtract the cost of this $2000 TV FROM the rent? Maybe subtract the couch from it too? I have patience. A lot of patience, even. But, if he doesn't do something about these fucking mice, I'm going to live trap them and take them to HIS house and let them go. We used to put live traps in the barn, and that is a cool little contraption. They get in, but they can't get out. I used to go and give them little syringes of water and wipe peanut butter on the ceiling of it. LOL I didn't want them to starve while they were in there. Then dad used to put them in a big burlap sac and take them out to the pond and drown them. Thank GOD he didn't tell me that until I was an adult. He'd have been kicking my ass left and right for freeing the prisoners.

Anyways, I took the TV to a repair shop to see if they can fix it. Their total estimate's not done yet, but it's looking like it'd be cheaper to just go buy a new tv. I have a 36 inch TV that I have in my room, but that's screwed too. That's not the mice's fault...that's just a picture tube going out. I get motion sickness from watching it. We brought that downstairs tonight so we could watch "The Closer" on TNT. (Great show btw.) It kept turning itself off. Jas finally had a hissy and went to bed.

Amanda called me today, but I thankfully wasn't here. I also coincidentally forgot to call her back too, so there's no reports today on her gayscale. I'm willing to bet though, from the tone of her voice on my machine that things aren't going so well. We'll see. I'll call her tomorrow.

Talked with my Gynecologist today. They sent me a certified letter. LOL They said that they couldn't get ahold of me since the move, I wasn't returning their calls, and that my health is in grave danger. LOL Hmmm...we scheduled the damn hysterectomy for December...I have Cancer...it's not like it's gonna up and walk off or anything. I know it's there. The first line in the letter states: "Dear Mrs. DK. We hope that this letter finds you well." LOL So...I called them. I have another damn colposcopy scheduled for August 31. 10:45am. Woohoo. They go in and biopsy pieces of the cervix. This is NOT my idea of a good time. For a very short time, he's rooting around up there, you feel this horrible pinchy pain, then for the next several hours you cramp like crazy. The funniest part about all of this is that if you call my old number there's this very polite message "The number you have diald ###-###-#### has changed. The new number is ###-###-####." Had they tried to call me, they'd have had my number. Since there are no calls from them on my caller ID, there's no messages from them on my machine and I've not received any other mail from them excepting the certified one...they're full of it.

On the upside, my uterus is going to be famous. When they do the hysterectomy, they'll be studying my uterus and writing about it in medical journals. Long story short, I have a bi-cornuate uterus. When I get knocked up, I can only carry a baby for so long because there's a wall down the center of it, making it so only half the uterus is used. This makes for less elasticity for the growth of the baby. Sam actually kicked all the way through it when he was born. He was born 3 months early. The technical term is Ruptured Uterine Syndrome. Part of him was actually floating around in my abdominal cavity, not protected for about 2 and a half minutes. That nearly killed us. Then, Logan, baby #3 in March did the same thing, except he didn't make it to my abdominal cavity. I could just feel that coming. I knew. So, I was already in the hospital when he decided to bust out.

Well...enough for tonight, I guess.

sdk

7 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You're one strong lady, ms. sdk. I hope you are handling this as well as it sounds. Just hearing THAT "c" word can be pretty scary- I've been there with skin cancer a few times,and it was never even that serious. You've got support and prayers from So Cal no matter how tough you are.

BTW, my mouse research happened when I asked the landlord at my last house to exterminate because I didn't want to put poison out and have the little critters die and rot in the walls. So what did he do? He put poison out, and they died and rotted in the walls...

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Sorry to hear about your mice problems. When I first moved into this house I did some tiling in my kitchen and when I removed a socket plate there was this terrible odor! Found what appeared to be a skeleton of a mouse. Got out what I could but I swear occationally I think I still smell it (this is 3 years later). I would definitely press the issue to have landlord exterminate

My big concern about my house is termites. This house was built in 1915 and still has tree trunks for support beams in the basement. Anyway, we bought this house FSBO (for sale by owner) and my husband did not feel we needed a termite inspection. I have seen some evidence of them in basement and recently outside saw a swarm of what looked like ants with wings....termites?.............................I'll trade your mice for my termites

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Smart Aleck said...

Maybe you should switch you dog for a cat. I hope your surgery goes well. I will be praying for you.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sublime said...

Thank you for the supportive comment on my blog. I'll be posting later today about how the appointment went.

That puppy is adorable....

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger 4evergapeach said...

sdk....I was just reading through some blogs and came across something that may interest you. There is someone with the screen name - min pin momma She does foster care for a miniature pinscher rescue. Not sure where she is located but she left a web site address that may be able to help you out if they are national. www.minpinrescue.org Maybe you can find a good home for that sweet little thing that way.

btw....the site I found it on was 'The Big Question' and you seemed to have quit visiting after the 23rd question. What happened? Wish I had known about it earlier. Looks fun and interesting. I'll try and visit daily.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Such a cute pooch... I need to come visit here more often. I love your narrative voice. Sorry 'bout the mice and the cancer part though.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Urgh, not cool!! We have mice sometimes 2...and like some1 said, its NOT good if they die in the walls!! that cancer thing STILL throws me for a loop dudes...i don't get how u can be so cool about it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home