Saturday, December 03, 2005

So...

The last two weeks have been THE most fucked up two weeks, I think, of my whole life. But, you know what? It's ok. I'm ok. The kids are ok. In the overall scheme of things...it's all gonna be ok.

Uncle Russ died last Sunday. On Sunday of this week, my Uncle Earl died. So, a quick tally will tell you that I attended two funerals in two weeks. That's always a pleasure.

We fired Dave, the asshole bartender. We also fired Brandon, the not-so-asshole-fill-in-bartender. Because I seem to be the only person with enough...oh what's the word? Gumption? Integrity? Fuck. Honesty? to say something to the owner when I see something is wrong, I had to be the one to be present for the firings. Dave was drinking behind the bar, overcharging customers to pad his tip jar and was a general asshole to the customers, and Brandon liked his friends so much that he didn't think they had to pay for alcohol. To the tune of about 600 bucks worth.

Long story short on that is that where they aren't working, I am. So, my hours dramatically increased last week. Which is cool...holidays are sneaking up on me like a bad virus and I like money.

I'd like to tell you that Jas and I have been fighting like cats and dogs. But, to be fair...I've seen cats and dogs get along better than we're getting along right now. Matter of fact, my cats used to cuddle up and sleep with my dog, and for Jas and I...there will be none of that in the near future.

Here's the things I'm freakin' irked about: I work a lot of wierd hours, all of the time, every day. I don't WANT to clean the house or do laundry on the time I should be sleeping or hanging out with my kids or my birds. Right?

Yeah. Jas is laid off. Again. So, he's home, with plenty-o-time on his hands. Do you think I can get some help around here? Hell-effin-no. I spent 8 (yes, that's EIGHT) hours at the laundry mat today. That's how much laundry has piled up around here. There was laundry coming out of every crevice of this house, it felt like. So, I took it all to the laundry mat and did it all.

I had to hire a kid to come help me with some odd chores. I shouldn't HAVE to hire ANYONE to do shit, when I have a perfectly good husband sitting here on his laurels watching re-runs of Charmed and Judging Amy on a schedule every God-forsaken day. Yet, there goes bird money, right out the door so that I can come home to a house where I don't feel postal.

Tonight, I come in and what does my eye behold? Beer bottles. And plenty of them all over the place. NOT COOL. So, again, lemme tally this up for you: Shannon works 12 hours today at a paying job after spending 100 bucks at the laundry mat for 8 hours worth of hard labor, and I come home to my house trashed with beer bottles? That's asking to be woken up with loud screeching, high pitched bitching from your wife.

But, I'm not going to do that. Nope. Instead, I'm going to sit here, write to you fine folks, and go to my happy place.

Where is that happy place? Oh yes. The birds. GUESS WHAT?! Marshall is mine all mine. I'm bringing him home first. He'll be home by Christmas. The chick who was buying him decided she couldn't afford to finish paying for him, and the second Kelly called me to tell me, I rushed down, and transferred all but 100 bucks of the money I've paid on Rio to a contract of purchase for him. So, now, I physically have money down on both birds. They are both mine. Well...technically, Marshall is the boys bird, but...you know how it goes. That little bastard is so freakin' adorable. And the boys are SO excited about getting him!

So...that's the gist of this week. There's more of course, but that's all I'll bore you with tonight!

Have a good night all!

sdk

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger mikster said...

Um.....throw the bum out?...(just kidding)

Hopefully the hubby is looking for a job and all will be better soon...I've missed ya!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I had a roommate like that once. I cleaned everything, all the beer bottles, pizza boxes, everything. I put them in his bed. Too bad you can't do that.

He'll keep being a lazy ass 'til you put your foot down, but you knew that. My soapbox is teetering... Look forward to more posts...

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Erika said...

ugh, NOT cool of Jas!! I'm sorry about your other uncle now, too!! As you said, funerals aren't very fun. Great news about Marshall...how fun for you and your boys!! As always, hang in there...it'll all come together eventually.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Okay, at this point I think I might have to come out there and box Jas' ears myself.

I'm so sorry about your uncles. Hang in there.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

i admire you for having the willpower to hold off on screaming at him. i would've hit the roof! guess that's why i'm not married yet - lol!

congratulations on getting the birds. well, they're technically not yours yet but they soon will be all yours. something to enjoy over the holidays, at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home