Friday, August 19, 2005

Interbreed of Thoughts and Stuff

Interbreed. God I love the thesaurus. What a great new word. You put in mix and you end up with interbreed. That's just good stuff.

On with the day.

We decided to forgo purchasing a new tv. Jas starts a new job (a good PAYING job) in like two weeks, (WHOOOOOHOOO) so we're going to wait until we can afford it. Then, if the Gods should choose to smile upon us, we'll not be getting a 27 inch 300 lb television, we'll be getting a 40 inch 30 lb television. SMILE. Please?!


(Hagrid modeling the carpet...isn't he a sexy bitch?) Instead, I got my way and we are working on the house for the next two weeks. We now have carpet in our livingroom. It is actually hard wood, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing. It's when it crosses someone's mind that it would be a good idea to paint it shit brown that it becomes disturbing. Aside from the fact that Logan (#3) is going to be crawling soon, it was just good common sense to get something down there. So, we did some looking and I actually convinced my landlord to buy me a remnant. It's 12 x 6.3, which of course doesn't cover the entire livingroom floor, but it serves its purpose. It fits just under the edge of each piece of furniture and it's actually nice. It was a fairly expensive carpet at one point. But, after it got all hacked to holy hell...we end up with just enough to take care of my livingroom.

Mr. DK went to the laundry-mat today. (heh heh) Made him take Wierd-Al (#1) with him. I figure if I'm here cleaning, he can take at least one of the kids. So, anywho, I now have clean towels. This is a good thing. I'm a little anal retentive about the towel situation. I need a clean towel to take a shower. And, I'll even reuse my towel, if said towel hasn't been swabbed all over someone else's body. If it has, I'd rather air dry. Whole cupboard full of clean towels now.

I have curtains up in my livingroom...Erika, you'll be happy to hear that they are not black. I like them, I think...but I don't know. I'm not usually the froo-froo type. But, there was a sale...and you know how we chicks do with sales...

Tomorrow, we organize #1's dresser to get him ready for school. I absolutely HATE going through that kids clothes. He has more clothes than all the rest of us put together. It's good that he does, but #2 always gets shafted because he always ends up with #1's cast-offs. I must go through everything to determine what I actually need to buy for school this year. While I would LOVE to go take him for a whole new school wardrobe, I can't. With gas being nearly 3 bucks a gallon, Mr. DK laid off, our tv being a mouse condo and the utility people actually expecting us to pay them...it's just not a possibility this year. But, he does have a lot of nice clothes. What we'll probably end up doing is get him new shoes, some new shirts and of course socks and underwear, and then for Christmas, he will get new jeans and a new suit for this year. (and an assload of toys...I'm not the freakin' Grinch...).

My ex's mom called last night. Ex is getting married next weekend. (For whatever reason, I thought it was this weekend...but it's next weekend. Had I not used the invitation to start my grill last week, I would be able to look at it and know...but it seemed like a good idea at the time...) Anyway, she wanted to know if she could come get #1 and take him to the wedding. There are a couple of issues here. First, EX hasn't seen him in 3 years. Second, he thinks Mr. DK is his dad. I mean, I haven't lied to him. He knows he has 2 daddies. But, he really only knows Mr. DK as his daddy, since he can't really remember EX.

So, anyways I told her that he could go. He needs a break from us anyway. She said "What should I tell him about his dad?" I said "Tell him the truth. We do. I just don't want you to minimalize the impact Jas has had on him in any way, because Jas IS his daddy. Ex hasn't seen him in 3 years, and the only persons at fault for that is Ex." She said "Ok...well, what if he has questions?" I said "Look, what's important here is that we don't think for him on this issue. He'll form his own opinions about his father in his own time, and it's up to Ex what that opinion is." She agreed.

After I got off the phone with her, I called EX and told him that he better not make him any promises that he can't keep. #1 is my sensitive kid. He takes everything quite literally, and he dwells on everything. If EX were to say "Well Bud, you can come up here and stay a weekend with me soon, ok?" #1 will be counting the minutes until that happens. If EX doesn't plan to actually follow through with it, #1 would be heartbroken. So, I told him not to even think about saying anything like that to him unless he 100% means it.

I'm not trying to keep him away from his dad. And, I won't tell him he can't go. It practically rips my heart out when he does this poppin' in and out of his life thing though because I have the aftermath to deal with. Ex's mom is very cool. I love her, she spends time with #1, she has fun with #1 and she's very good to him. But, usually Ex isn't involved in any of those activities. He's far to self centered and egotistical to care.

What kills me even more is the chick he's marrying has 4 kids of her own. So, he's been raising them for the last 2 years, and hasn't so much as visited his own son in 3. But hey...she's getting a winner in him! He asked me if I was coming last night to the wedding because he'd like to have one last quickie with me before he signed his life away.

GREAT guy.

sdk

5 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

You have an amazing perspective on the EX and child. Not the typical reaction by any means. Applause....

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Best advice I got from my divorce lawyer was: "Don't bad-mouth the ex to your son, or try to keep them completetly apart. It backfires and they end up idolizing Dad (or Mom, if that's the case) instead. Leave it alone, and they'll figure it out all by themselves." I'm finding that works very well. Sounds like you're doing a great job with that yourself! It ain't easy, is it?...

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Erika said...

EWWWWW!! sounds like a charming guy!! I think that its really sad, and I hope #1 (whose name i've forgotten) comes out ok!! and its a bummer about the curtains:-)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

Great blog. I found you through Amanda. I'll be back read and get caught up.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

The cat is cool.

Yes, the cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home