Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Pleasant Afternoon...

My landlord shows up today to ask me if Surly Neighbor Guy is still here or not. So, I go out to talk to him, and I'm walking around talking to him...barefoot.

Interestingly enough, we got to go into the other apartment and WHOEEE. What a mess. Those people are NASTY. How else can you explain mold and such growing on a toilet and in the fridge? They've only been gone a week. The conditions had to have been good for the fungus before the week began for it to be so...thick now. Right? Ewww. And the glass...Oh the glass. There's freakin' glass everywhere. In and out, all over.

Anyways, Dave, our Landlord wanted to call the police so that we could "officially" call it abandoned so that we can haul the nasty crap out to the curb, clean the place up and get it re-rented. (I've been called on to help with all of this, since I have the ability to run criminal background checks on the tenants, and therefore, without being TOO choosy (if you know what I mean) I get to pick my own neighbors. This is a good deal.

So, anywho, I am trying to hurry and go get my phone for him to use and the camera so we can take pictures of the damage (WAAAAY more than just windows here) and as I'm running up the concrete stairs to the back door WHAAAAAAM! I slam my big toe on my left foot into that concrete.

I pretty much immediately knew it was broken. It wasn't that it swelled the size of a medium sized apple immediately, or even the pale purple color that it took on in a matter of seconds that told me it was broken. It was the excrutiating pain radiating from it, which lasted for about 10 minutes until the numbness set in that suggested the broken-ness.

So, I called the Jackson ER and asked how long the wait would be. They said that the person who's been in the waiting room the longest so far was 4 and a half hours. I said "Screw that." and hung up. The other option is Chelsea, which is a nicer hospital, with a nicer staff, with less hoops to jump through for actual care...sure enough, when I called them, they said they could get me right in, no problem.

So, I sat here waiting for my husband to get the kids around (which is why I had time to tell you I broke my foot) and then, off we went.

I have three breaks and a ginormous (well, I think it's ginormous...) piece of bone floating, I tore the tendon and the SOB hurts. Let's see if I can somewhat explain this...

Look at your nekkid (heh) left foot. See your big toe. There is three joints in each metatarsal...I have a big ole bone fragment floating (See my professional quality diagram hehe...), then I have two breaks below that below that joint.

If I can't walk on it in 6 days, we have to go through all of this all over again because they haven't technically DONE anything to it, unless you call taping it to your "buddy toe" a medical practice. Anyways, there's a chance that it's going to come apart, and apparently, while they can't do anything to prevent that (without casting my whole foot) it could pose a problem if that happens. The bone is broken all the way through in 2 places, yet rests right where it is supposed to be.

Did I mention that it hurts? It's a TOE for crying out loud. I had an emergency c/section and a spinal headache in March. You'd think a broken toe would be no biggie. It's a biggie.

sdk

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Ugh, NOT fun!! I'm sorry!! Eat some more chocolate!!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Goor lord.... I wondered where you went yesterday. So you went to Chelsea, eh? Drove by my house. Did you wave? Hee hee hee....

I hope it sets nicely and you are mending quickly. No dancing for you, young lady.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sublime said...

Damn woman! That does sound like it hurts... Sorry to hear it. Can you still do your search?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home