Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Settling in.


So, we're in the process of settling in to the house. Good news! The rest of the neighbors are normal. Everyone else on this block is normal. Two families even brought us cookies. I wasn't aware that was etiquette anymore. In my old neighborhood (where we spent a grueling year) if you took cookies to someone's house, you'd likely get handcuffed and searched...surely you're scouting the place out.

Surly Inmate Guy is moving out. Not by choice, but he's moving out. Apparently law around here states that if you cause excess damage to a dwelling place owned by another human being, that human being has just cause to expedite the eviction process. That's happening now.

I'm a little concerned about the fate of Surly Inmate Guy's Girlfriend though. I haven't heard a peep from her since she bared her tooth at me on Sunday. I heard it through the grapevine that he threatened to kill her the same day in front of several people. Did I mention that she's between 4-5 months pregnant? How's that for sweetening the pot? It's only a matter of time before a missing person's report is filed on her. And, see...

Here's where all that preventative education I've been preaching to parents and teachers and school kids for the last several years normally would come in. But, let's be honest here. Blatant, even. If this Broad had any intention of giving a shit about herself or that baby she's carrying, she would have left him after Domestic Abuse First Offense. Possibly even on the Second Offense. But, since he got out of prison in September of 04 for his Third Offense, and they are living together again, she's knocked up (again), I'm just going to go out on a limb and suggest that she's probably not interested in self preservation. Call me crazy.

For those asking why I moved from one hood to another hood...really, LOL we didn't. This is a much better neighborhood. Much better. It's just Surly Inmate Guy brings down the value of the neighborhood. Since he's going away (very soon) real estate prices will rise back to normal...

sdk

PS...
I'll go out in a little bit and take some pictures of the windows. I know you'll be at least as impressed as I am.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

(anxiously awaiting the pictures)..lol.. We moved in to our new home in February. Neighbors next door moved in the same time. We've spoken to them. THAT'S IT! People across the street? Not only have they NOT come over and said hello, they DID come out and talk to the guy who put in our drainfield! HELLO! WE live here, not him! Seriously, some people do not know HOW to be neighbors... or... at least not know how to be GOOD neighbors.

Glad you like your new, soon-to-be improved neighborhood.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Hmmm... sounds to me like she's a glutton for punishment... not much you can do for her there other than call the cops for possible abuse, but it seems they probably have that address memorized.

Cool, expedition of the eviction process.. here in Missouri it is 30 days but believe me there are so many holes and pitfalls in the laws you can stay up to 180 without even paying rent... sounds fair the landlord huh?

Cookies! I'm impressed that people don't try to put arsenic in it or something... it's hard as hell to trust anyone anymore.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Erika said...

I think its just really sad about that lady. I can't even understand why she would put herself in the situation!! And isn't there like, a motherly instinct to LEAVE if she's carrying a baby?? I wish she would realize that eventually she's NOT going to be ok.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Sublime said...

Glad to hear he's moving... will probably be next door to me next month :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home