Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Camping.





We went camping this weekend. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. 4th weekend. It was gorgeous.

The campground we went to is Apple something or other. We were set way back on a road in the campground with loads of timbers. Even the ground was soft because of all the pine needles.

Dad came out and hung out with us Saturday night and Sunday night, and then my step-mom came out with him on Monday night. There was plenty of room and I offered for them to stay, but apparently they have some strange aversion to sleeping on hard ground...wussies.

They had Karaoke at the clubhouse, which of course Alex wanted to do. So, all of us went up and hung out for that. Alex sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (wonderfully, and even got a standing ovation) and Sam sang what I can only call the worlds longest version of Old MacDonald. Seriously. 1 Bourbon, 1 Scotch, 1 Beer couldn't TOUCH this song in length. Then he didn't want to give up the microphone.

We went back to the campsite and sang Happy Birthday to Sam (he turned 3). After we got done singing, I stand there with a cupcake with three candles sticking out of it. I said "What do you wish for, Bud?" He just looks at me as if I'm on crack. I said, "Ok, what do you want more than anything in the whole wide world?"

His eyes are huge... He replies

"I wanna eat that cake!"

sdk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home