Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I hate moving.


This is NOT us.









I hate moving. In every sense of the word. But, thankfully, we've moved out of the african-american 'hood, where they use guns (without the slightest apprehension). Instead, now we live in what I think I'll be calling the Honky-Hood.

This Guy (pay particular attention to the list of tattoo's on the rap sheet) is my new neighbor, and BOY do I wish I were kidding. So...we moved in on Saturday (or at least that's the first night we spent here). On Sunday morning, I am outside picking up an assload of glass that wasn't here when we looked at the place. This Guy is sitting on his front porch (it's a duplex) and says to one of the 5 kids that are out there with him to come help me.

Later that afternoon, my neice comes in and says "Hey...you better watch it when you guys are bringing loads up the driveway...there's glass freakin' everywhere." I said "No, I just picked it all up." She says, "Uh, I don't think you did...go look."

So, I go out and look and This Crazy Bastard has busted out each and every window, from the inside, mind you, all along their side of the house. I stood there talking to my neice about it about whether or not we should call the police and pick it up, just pick it up, call the landlord and have him call the police and have him pick it up or what. This is when This Crazy Bastard's fucked up, crack whore of a girlfriend whips the door open and says "Don't you fucken' TOUCH that glass. The landlord will be here Monday morning and then I'll tell HIM what the mother-fucker did to me." She was GORGEOUS. Two black eyes, hair in what I can only think to call un-intentional dreadlocks, and winning smile.

I said "You haven't called him yet?" She bares her tooth at me. "No, Beeeyaaaatch. I haven't."

My new phone hadn't been hooked up yet, so I hauled my cookies down to the gas station on the corner and used the payphone to get ahold of our landlord, and instead got Andy, his son. I said "Hey Andy, uh, you guys may want to come over. The neighbors are busting out the windows in the house." He says "Are you kidding? Which side?" I said..."Does it matter?! How bout you GET here and we'll talk details then. Mmmk Pumpkin?"

Always nice to meet your new neighbors.

sdk

8 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

So what, she wants you to just sit there and watch as the neighborhood kids cut their feet on all the glass? Boy, neighbor of the year.

Q) What do you tell a bad neighbor?
A) Nothing. You already told her twice (hint hint: the black eyes). Yeah, it was lame but I giggled.

Saw you on Adrian's blog and couldn't help agreeing with you so I thought I would stop on by. Good post.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger sdk said...

LOL Well, according to the neighbors on the other side of me, that 3rd offense domestic that he did a prison stint for was ALSO her. Apparently that time he damn near killed her.

So...LOL yep! If she's going to stick around for it, my opinion is she's all but asking him to whoop her hiney.

The neighbors saw my badge and they said "Hey, his name is Christopher Dean Squires. Prison. He's been to prison...can you do something?" LOL

Yep. Sure can. He's alllll done screwing with this neighborhood. He hasn't been home since I narked on him Saturday to the landlord and the Chief of Police! LOL

GOD I hate stupid people. They're being evicted. So, for retribution, they busted each window out of the apartment. I would have just taken all the light bulbs! LOL

sdk

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

SDK, yikes..... well, its always fun to have some good move-in stories....

I forgot all about the MDOC website.... hmmm.. may have to check out some of my neighbors.... ;-)

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

...and this was a positive move? From da 'hood to the Hood?

Hopefully its not a Hood like they have in Howell's illustrious past...

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mexigogue said...

What a world. I'm checking out a blog from South Africa (Adrian's) and see another Michigan local posting on his site! The world really is getting smaller!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mexigogue said...

My neighbors are dope dealers:
http://www.donotremove.net/mexigogue/archives/003588.html

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger NastyBrains said...

Hey there sdk...Thanks for the return comment...

Yea send your husband to my blog...I work with an adult website...I'll hook you and him up...It's all in good fun!!

Question: Why did you move from hood to hood? Doesn't sound to safe...

Let me know...
L

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Sublime said...

I saw your comment on Idiot Gas where you mentioned being deprived of watching the Smurfs growing up. It actually made me laugh out loud (for real) so I had to check out your blog.

The house next door to mine is a rental (which always provides fresh entertainment everytime someone new moves in). It sounds like your neighbors are probably friends with mine. It's almost comical to have our two houses sitting next door to one another. Ours is nice (meaning we have acutal curtains, not sheets with holes in them hanging on the windows) and our lawn is green (rather than just plain, flea infested dirt - which at least they try to mow).

Anway, just wanted to say hi and I'll keep reading! Check out my 2nd blog sometime and answer a few questions if you get a chance. It's called "The Big Question" at
http://bigquestion2day.blogspot.com

Take care and good luck!
Sublime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home