Monday, July 25, 2005

Working my Little Tushy Off...

Sorry about the lag in posts. I'm working my little tushy off on the Org's new website.
Since I'm by no stretch of the imagination am I a designer, nor do I want to be...so I bought a web template from FP World. Normally I wouldn't even consider doing a shameless plug, but, if y'all want a good looking, professional website, and you lack in the skills to accomplish such a thing...get ahold of Barb at FP World. She designs templates, and she'll even customize it for you so that the colors match your logo or whatever.

I chose this one. When I'm done filling it all up (all 300 pages of the design) I'll post a link to the new site so that you can see it. She customized it to match my logo, did a sweet collage of some of my missing persons cases, and it's just...sweet.

I know NOTHING about FrontPage 2003. I had some initial head banging against the brick wall exercises as I began the project, but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad at all.

I may be back yet today to update y'all on my progress. In the meantime though...check out some of those templates. If you have questions about how they work or anything, let me know. Screw doing all the work myself...coming up with 300 pages worth of content is bad enough...let someone else come up with the design and layouts!!!

sdk

5 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Wow, sounds like a REALLY big project!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!! I'll 4sure check it out...maybe I'll understand what you do now!!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Hey Erika...I'll email you (providing you have an email link in your profile) the link to my website that's up now...that outta explain it!

sdk

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Send one to me, too.... what you do sounds very interesting....

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

A) Sorry you broke your foot!

B) So are you an investigator? My little brother's daughter was kidnapped a few weeks ago by her mother... unable to track her... got any advice?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Is the custody order in Missouri? Was there a custody order preventing the non-custodial parent from leaving town/county/state with said child?

I run a missing persons organization, it sounds like the child qualifies, the only problem is that I don't have offices in Missouri. I can provide phone support though and tell you what I would do if I were in your position...

What are law enforcement doing about it? Any leads on which direction she might be heading? I could probably do quite a bit to help you, including getting it out to all the media in the areas that she might be that the child is missing...of course all of that hinges on what the actual custodial arrangement is. If there is no custodial arrangement, I can give you ideas on ways to get around that to get the child back.

Did she cross state lines?

sdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home