Thursday, July 21, 2005

Irritation at it's Finest.

Things That Pissed Me Off Today

1.)The Post Office
2.)My Sister
3.)My Neice
4.)The Unemployment Office
5.)The DoorMan With The Little Magnetic Wand At The Courthouse
6.)My Step-Mom
7.)My Cat
8.)My Dog
9.)My Phone
10.)My Husband

1.) The Post Office. BASTARDS. So we moved this last weekend, right? Well, I decided not to forward my mail just yet so that I could pick up the two checks I had coming in the mail this week. Well, the Carrier took it upon himself to put a little note on the door at my old place to not deliver any mail there. So, when I went to go pick up the mail Monday, there of course was none.

So, same day, I send my husband over to the post office to figure out what the hell is going on. They tell him that there is no way that they can even hold the mail, that there has to be a forward for us to receive it. He comes home to tell me this. I said "Bullshit." And went down there myself. I started the conversation with a balding pissy man in his early 40's, whom apparently hasn't been laid in a VERY long time. You can just tell by his level of frustration with life. He's nearly jumping up and down with each sylable. He tells me "Sorry Maam', wish I could help you, but there's no need to get all cranky with me."

I hadn't even raised my voice yet. There was no need for his damn frustration with me. I wasn't cranky...yet. That little sentence, however MADE me cranky. So I said "Get me your supervisor, NOW." (I only raised my voice on the NOW part.)

Supervisor comes out, sweet as pie, calls the mail center and asks the gal who runs that to pretty please hold anything that looks like a check for me this week and to call me if they come so we can come pick them up. (I love Marla. I love Betty too, the one who's holding it.) So, basically, they agreed to hold it Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for me.

Fast forward to today. I send the hubster up there to find out if it's there. Same balding pissy man says "Yeah Man, I thought we had this same conversation earlier this week..." Hubby says to him "My wife said if you said anything like that to remind you of her wrath and that she'd likely be up here to show it to you if you don't figure out how to get us our mail today." He wouldn't help. And, the supervisor was out today. (Go figure.)

So, I decide to get creative and to do some research into finding the unlisted number of the actual mail center. I did (my detective skills hard at work here...) and low and behold, Betty, the one that Marla actually talked to over there on Monday held the check for me and now Hubby is enroute to pick that sucker up. HALLELUJA. I freakin HATE being broke.

2.) My Sister. Since we started the organization almost 3 years ago, my sister has done exactly NOTHING to help. Nothing. My dad pays the month to month bills when donations don't, my step-mom handles the books, and I handle the volunteers, the cases, the website, and well...everyhitng else.

SO, my silly broad of a sister is under the deranged delusion that at some given point, she is going to receive a salary. For what? Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. She doesn't help, she won't help, and even if she could help, I wouldn't WANT her help. She's abrasive, she's not the sort of person I'd want clients to come into contact with, and she doesn't know the first thing about computers or missing persons.

Today, for the 897th time, she says "Man, I hope you get that salary grant in September. I could really use the money." I don't think she's understanding that there is no chance in hell that she will ever be one of my employees. It's NOT going to happen. She's just going to have to work to better herself like the rest of the world and stop expecting everyone else to make things happen for her. My daddy agrees. THANK GOD.

3.) My Neice. Said Sister's Daughter. She's nearly as irritating as my sister. She let us use the truck to move with, right? When we got it, it had a quarter tank of gas. The deal was, if we borrowed it, we'd replace the gas we used. No big deal, right?

We put 10 bucks in it on Sunday. Then, I told her that when we got paid this week, we'd give her some money for helping us. (I was thinking 20 bucks.)

Today, she has her mom call me to ask me where her "Fucken'" money was. I told her mom that her "fucken' money" was put back into the gas tank like I said it would be, that I hadn't received our check yet (this was several hours ago), and that I don't OWE my neice shit, that I said I'd give it to her for helping us, but it wasn't a due invoice or anything, so she needs to quit.

This pisses me off for 2 reasons. The first is, that little girl (little meaning 19 years old) owes me 900 bucks. If she wants to get shitty with me over 20 bucks and 4 days, I can get shitty with her over 900 bucks and 11 months. The second is, I've never even mentioned the money she owes me because I know she doesn't have it. She'll get it back to me when she does. Plain and simple.

I'm seriously considering not giving it to her at all now.

4.) The Unemployment Office pissed me off because they wouldn't change our address over the phone when Hubby called them on Tuesday (God Forbid...) so that we could just get the damn check in our mailbox today. Yet, when we called today to find out how long it would take to reissue it if they received it back from the post office, they changed it over the phone with no problem. AssMonkeys.

5.)I had to go drop off a witness statement at the courthouse today. Little Wand man at the door touched my ass. On purpose. He turned and grinned at his rent-a-cop cohart right after he did it.

6.) My step-mom. She loaned us 500 buck for the move. She knew damn skippy that I wouldn't have it back to her for 2 weeks. I told her that, she said "I understand." Yet, this morning, right before she and my daddy leave for vacation (at 5am, mind you) she calls not me, no-no...she calls the same sister I've been bitching about for the last 15 paragraphs and tells HER to collect it from me while they're on vacation and to put it in her checking account.

#1, I'm not giving my sister SHIT.
#2, It's none of my sister's business that we borrowed it in the first place.
#3, It's not DUE for another 2 weeks!!!

7.)My Cat. Lily. She hawked up a hairball in the doorway to the upstairs bathroom this morning. I got to step in it. Before I had any coffee in my system. Then, instead of facing me over her little indiscretion, she hid in the basement. Bitch.

8.) My Dog, Murphy. We've been here for 4 days. I hadn't had the opportunity to really clean yet, so this morning I did. I swept up 4 dustpans full of dog hair. Full dustpans. I just brushed her last night!!!

9.) My phone. I bought a new web template for the org this week. I was talking to the designer about it...the freakin' phone went dead.

10.) My husband. He's pissy because I am.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Maybe you should get some extra sleep? or eat some chocolate?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger sdk said...

I know it, right? MAN I was bitchy today. I must be PMSing...that's GOTTA be it.

Chocolate...now there's a fine idea. I think there's some Lindor Truffles in the fridge. Maybe I'll digest a few of those and come back and write a nice, or at least comically sarcastic post...

sdk

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

...man, I go away for a couple days... and the whole place goes to shit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home