Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Doc Called.

The ER Doctor called today from Chelsea hospital. This guy was different from the one I had yesterday. Apparently, the radiologist was already gone yesterday, so the doctor I had yesterday is the one who read my x-ray.
Apparently, I also have a break in the 1st metatarsal that's further back towards my ankle. (Which would account for why it hurts so bad all the way back to my ankle). He said he wanted to cast my foot, but since the swelling is still pretty rough, that he would like me to come in tomorrow to do that. (Heh heh...riiiiiight. I'll be flying RIGHT in for that.)

I'm not allowed to even try to put any pressure on it for at least 4 weeks. What I think I'm going to do is to just keep it all wrapped up in this nifty little ace bandage they have on it, keep my toe "buddied" to the other and just use the crutches he called in a script on today. This way, when I go out this weekend for the search, I can still get around alright, but I'm not carrying around a huge cast that goes all the way up to my damn knee.

Who knew. You stub your toe, and just like that, you're whole life is screwed up for 4-6 weeks.

Special.

sdk

4 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't some Harry Potter fan just wave their little wand around and..........


???

No? well... it was a thought...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Erika said...

Poor shannon!! NOT even fun!! Hopefully your plan'll work without a cast...wouldn't want to have a crippled foot for forever!!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger sdk said...

Mike - I was trying to hurry! LOL Don't ever hurry while you're barefoot. It's so not worth it. Thanks!

David - The fans don't have powers, silly. Thank goodness for that. Can you imagine my 6 year old with a wand, magically conjuring up what ever he wanted? We wouldn't be able to walk through his room for all the M&M's and Hostess cupcakes mountains. And he's just discovering that girls are "hot" (compliments of his dad)...we need not even explore that train of thought.

Erika - The thought of being maimed permanently does leave a particular bitter aftertaste in my mouth...we'll see what happens after this weekend's search. Did you hear about Brandon Anderson in Kzoo? He's the guy who ran after being pulled over last month, (criminal) that has a heart disease. That's who we're looking for this weekend.

sdk

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Girls are hoooooooottttt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home