Thursday, July 28, 2005

The A-Team

I don't have anything really good to add today, so I'll just wing it.

We can start with the fact that there are definite advantages to having a broken foot. One of those advantages is that I haven't cooked dinner for neither of the last two days. This is good stuff. Jas (husband) has done it. Night one, we had a bad-ass Roast Beast (we call it that because my 6 year old will only eat things with quirky names. Hamburger, hot dog...that sort of normal crap won't cut it). Night two, it wasn't spectacular, but he made sandwiches and had chips and fruit as the sidedishes. I think we're having marinated ribs tonight. I could definitely get used to this.

Next, Jas has taken to calling the 6 year old "Wierd Al". His name is Alex, so it sorta works. But the reason behind this is that here we are scaring the shit out of the end of July, and "Wierd Al" has become quite insistent that he must wear his snow boots. With shorts. I wish I could say this is a home practice, but he threw a monumental fit yesterday as we were leaving for Wal-Mart (to go get my crutches) because he wanted to wear them.

So, please imagine this for me in your head. I want you to get the full effect so that you can feel my pain. Mommy, Daddy (carrying the car seat with Logan in it), Alex and Sam all walk in to Wal-Mart. See the Slo-Mo version in your head...like we're a crime fighting family and it deserves a theme song. (If you want to imagine the A-Team theme song, I think that might work.) You pan the characters and stop on the child wearing a wife-beater, khaki shorts, a U of M baseball cap and SNOW BOOTS. Big, ugly, fairly worn out, definitely dirty snow boots that I would call mid-calf length.

But would I tell him that he can't wear them? Nope. I wouldn't jeopardize the possibility of him thinking for himself in no way shape or form. Cause, I'm a good mommy like that.

Jas on the other hand is attempting to make him feel quite akward about this. By calling him Wierd Al, he thinks that Alex is going to miraculously see the error of his stylish ways and choose to wear his Nike's. That AIN'T gonna happen. We went through this with my little brother and his cowboy boots and superman cape (at the same time), and we'll go through something similar with Sam when he gets to age 6.

I say let us thank God that it's not school season.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Erika said...

lol, thats awesome!! I babysit for this little three year old who insists on wearing either superman, batman, or robin outfits continually!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home