Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Up all night...LOL

So, I've been sickly-sickly. When I was a kid, we'd try to get out of going to school with a phrase that sounded something like "Bamba -- Ohmmm Seeick". That's how I'm feeling right now. I'm done puking (FINALLY), but on top of the flu, I apparently got bronchitis too. I ended up being sent home early from the bar on Friday night because I spent two hours of my shift in the bathroom hovering over the toilet (ewww...). Apparently, it's not good for business when your manager keeps disappearing into the bathroom for extended periods of time...

So, yes...Rio is home. It was an awesome homecoming...I have PLENTY of pictures to show you, but I've been up all night long with Alex (whom is now in the puking stage of HIS sickness) and well...it's 6am and I'm wiped out. So, I'll post them when I get up. I don't have to work tonight, so I should have plenty of time to show them to you.

I bought the new Sprint PPC-6700 Pocket PC Phone. I figured...sweet. New Windows 5.0 operating system...completely syncs with my pc, can get my mail from anywhere...can access my computer from anywhere and can edit all of my Microsoft Office apps from anywhere...right?

Yeah...I HATE it. So, last night, I was in the middle of a liquor order, on the phone. It's a touch screen, just like any regular PDA. During the call(s), my earring put it on speaker phone, hung up on the sales rep, dialed some random person at 2:30 am, and then called and got my grandma out of bed...

Then, it's backlight shut off, and since it's a touch screen with no actual buttons for your numbers (after all it IS a phone...), I couldn't see to dial it. No amount of monkeying around with the start menu, settings, or even a soft-reset fixed it. Finally, I got pissed, slammed it against the bar and it came back on.

The little bastard is on its way back to the store. I sent it to work with Jas, and he's exchanging it for the Sprint Blade -- Sprint's answer to the Razr. I was all excited about the little keyboard on the ppc-6700...and honestly, I can say I'll miss that part of it. I do A LOT of text messaging. But, the rest of it...I want a phone first and a PDA second. It would be awesome if they could be in the same little device, but I need something I can shove in my pocket and actually do some work with. I don't have time (or the finesse) to massage an electrical piece of shizen's already overly stimulated ego to make it work.

When it rings...I want to answer the damn thing. When it's in my pocket, I don't want my grandma to be talking to my underoos...

More when I get up...

sdk

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger babblingdweeb said...

Oooo thanks for the skinny on that phone, I was looking at the Cingular version (almost identical) now I think I'll skip it!

Bummer.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Godzilla said...

I must be getting old - I already hanker for the old mobile phones, you know the ones that just made calls, but always worked!

Hope the sickness has finished it's stay with your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home