Monday, September 19, 2005

"When We Split Up, Will You Keep the Computer Or the DVD's?"

Since he won't talk about it, refuses to understand why I'm upset, and is being a class A prick, he deserves for me to write about it. And, as always, I'll feel better if I do.

I'm pissed, no...scratch that, profoundly hurt by Mr. DK. It's a bit of a long story, but I'll lay it out as best as I can.

Over the past few months, he's been coming up with some interesting comments. Comments that by themselves could sound like he's kidding, but when you add them all up, generally should mean that he's actually given some serious thought to the matter.

Some of the comments are as follows:

"When we split up, will you keep the computer or the dvd's?"
"After the divorce, we'll have split custody, so there won't be any child support for either of us."
"When you leave me, the only way I won't sue for custody is if you don't go back to him."
"Your dad will still talk to me after we part ways. He loves me."

You know...that kind of stuff. Slipped into a jovial conversation when you're least expecting it. It wasn't until yesterday that I finally connected the proverbial dots and figured out that he was freakin' serious.

This is more info than y'all probably want or need to know. So, if you have an aversion to things sexual, quickly spot the red x at the top right of your screen. Come back tomorrow. Maybe I'll talk about Disney World or something then.

So, yesterday, the kids are taking naps, it's quiet. I'm feeling a bit...uh...needy. Not like "Hold me." needy. Like "Gonna need it right now." needy. So, he was upstairs doing something, and when he came back down, he was presented with a naked me, being all loveable. I was workin' it.

Do you know what he said? He actually said "Yeah...not now. I don't feel like it." I said..."Huh. Really? Cause I'm feelin' it." He said "Nope. Not at all. Put your clothes back on."

I just sat there, comletely exposed, stunned. He said "What? Now you're going to be all mad and pissy?" I replied "Nope." He said, "Whatever. Fine. Here." and started very angrily ripping off his clothes. I said "Uh...tempting, but I think not." and got up very angrily to put some clothes back on.

Then I got to thinking about it. All the things he's said over the last few months. All the romance that has been lacking, all the crankiness he's spewed for the last six months. I came to the conclusion that he's serious. He's freakin' serious. He's thought a lot about what would happen if we got a divorce, because he's actually envisioning it. He's seeing for himself how it would be, how it would work out, what to do with the kids, and he knows that the person I'm closest to, the person I had always dreamed of marrying is still yet unhitched, and he knows that it's a threat to him because he's saying that if I were to go there, and try to make something of it with that person, he would actually try and fight me for the custody of my boys.

But, here's the fun part. He's a pussy. He won't do it. He wants me to do it. He wants me to ask for the divorce, so he's going to be a miserable SOB until I do. He knows that would rip me apart worse than anything else. He knows that for me to ask for the out would destroy me. So, here we are, in a deadlock. He's putting the ball in my court so that I have to make a move.

I haven't talked to him, really since yesterday when all this happened. He has tried to talk to me here and there, but I've given him short answers. He knows damn skippy how much he hurt me yesterday. I know he does because he's half walking around here with his tail between his legs and half trying to remain somewhat cocky, as if he's trying to remember that this is part of his little game.

A little earlier he asked me what was wrong. I told him that I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, which, by my calculations is his fault since he's a dick and I had to sleep on the couch so as to not be near him. (I'm a bitch. This is me, for better or worse.)

He said absolutely nothing in return. So, finally, I said "Do you have any idea how badly you hurt my feelings yesterday?" and he said "Why? Because I wouldn't have sex when YOU wanted it?" I said "Are you freakin' kidding me? It goes WAY beyond that." And he says, "Well, I don't know what you're so upset about. It's your problem." I said "Huh. Well, if you don't know what I'm upset about, then it's not even worth having the fucking conversation. It wouldn't do any good anyway."

So, that's where we're at. I'm wondering what's going to happen, and he's being the biggest dick he can be so I'll speed it up.

And...here's the problem. Even if he did decide he wanted to go right now...where the hell would he go? He's been layed off since the week after Logan was born. I'm about to have surgery (which I finally have confirmation we'll be scheduling on the 29th. If God loves me...it'll be next month), I am going to have to get a day job that pays me (which I truly don't have time for) and there's just all these little things that make it so this is not a good time for him to decide he wants to go live the life of a bachelor.

So, there you have it. Just when you think things can't get worse, you're proven wrong.

That's what I'm all bejiggity about.

sdk

12 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

My ex used to make comments like that--all the time. Maddening. But you know, you have a serious surgery coming up, you just had a baby... He's quite possibly scared shitless and not handling it very well. I don't blame you for being bejiggity. I won't try to give marriage counseling... but I hope Jas is a good enough person not to decide to "live the life of a bachelor" at the time when his family needs him to be a man. I hope you can get him to talk about it. I wish I could give you a hug right now!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger sdk said...

Awww...thanks Cheryl. I can't wait to get this surgery over with and just get on with gettin' on. I mean, if that's the way it's going to be...fine. I'll learn to accept it and as always, I'll survive. But I don't like being in the position I'm in, having to submit to factors that should never be a factor in whether or not a marriage works or doesn't. You know? Of course you do. You've been there.

Thanks for the hugs. I'll take em'!

sdk

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

A P.S.--If you ever need a sounding board "off the books"- my email address is in my blogger profile. Any time.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger 4evergapeach said...

I'm just a stranger, I wish I could say something to make it better. I can't say I know exactly what your going through but I'm in much the same situation. Except for the sex thing. I'm way beyond that. My hubby has been layed off too. There's something about when a man loses his job that hurts his male ego. I think they lose their self confidence and in turn feel everyone else has also lost confidence in them. Either that or he's just being an a**. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt and think it's the first and muster up all the patience and understanding the good Lord is willing to bestow on me.

I pray he blesses you with all you need of both plus a dose of courage for what you are about to go through.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Blue said...

oh hell, petal, i really and truly feel for you

you're a strong woman - yes you are - and this too can be dealt with

love and light to you from across the water

cat xx

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger DBFrank said...

Not being a regular reader, I don't feel that I know you enough to comment except to say... he turned you DOWN?
That ain't right.
Cheryl on the other hand brings up some very valid points. We men tend to do some stupid crap when we are scared.
And when we're not, even.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm..... so.... where d'ya want the bed, lady?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Morrigan said...

crap, crap crap.

I feel for you. My marriage has it's dramatic ups and downs as well.

If he has no job, he probably doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as custody goes. Does he say this stuff around the boys? I hope not.

Call him on the carpet maybe every time he makes an assinine comment? Don't know if that's such a good idea - might just make it more hostile than it already is.

If you have a joint account, and you think he might screw you over on the money, get another account open in your name only. That might be a good step one.

I hope things get better.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Sending virtual hugs. Buck up little camper.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

A hug and prayer, sdk. I am sure that nothing I could some up with will make things better, but I do care--even for a fellow-blogger, long-distance.

Been there, done that, with the marriage struggles and the lay-offs. Our bad times have always been during those blasted lay-offs.

Hh

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger The Middle Child said...

My husband and I are on our fourth separation right now. We had two before my son was born and this is our second since. Most of what you said in this post could have been written by me. I hope that you get to a place with or without him that makes you happy. I miss sometimes having someone to sleep with or wake up with but I will not go back to him. He is selfish and lacks what it takes to keep me happy, which is not much. Keep your chin up, better days are ahead. It's so stupid the way we can talk to guys directly and say what we mean and they either a) stare at a wall and say nothing or b) say what they think we want to hear to shut us up. But that shit don't last long, sooner or later he is going to have to deal with the situation and when men are made to deal they turn into children. Good luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home